Saturday 27 February 2016

Happy f***ing Valentines Day

Happy fucking valentines day
Lets celebrate
This hallmark holiday
Capitalist, fetishized, exclamation of love
Bastadised romantics,
Superficial antics,
Quick, buy roses now, because

If you don’t
It means you don’t feel
If you wont
It means its not real

Fuck valentines day
And its candlelit dinners
Fuck valentines day
And its creation of “winners”

The Disney idea of happy ever after
True love, that’s nothing but laughter
And what about those without a partner?
Left to feel alone
Like your doing something wrong
By looking after yourself
Instead of dealing with someone else

And even if you do have someone
Why celebrate this one day alone?
Surely you should love every day
Instead of needing a holiday to say
I love you
I need you
I want you
Be mine
You’re gorgeous
You’re special
I think of you all the time

So this is my celebration of valentines day
A poem to say fuck it, I’m not going to play

I’ll celebrate love in my own way

No comments:

Post a Comment